Changing the world, one person at a time

Sent in by Allen
This information is from the about page on http://www.Max-Opp.com
Changing the world, one-person-at-a-time with my writing makes me happy.
I know that I will never be a politician who influences the fate of the population of an entire country. I accept that I will never be a business magnate that influences the global population. But, I also know that every single day, in a very small way, my writing improves the life of children and adults.
It makes me happy when I get a letter from a parent telling me that her child has read The Monster on Top of the Bed (http://www.Monbed.com) and now falls asleep easily at night. It delights me when a child tells me that my book taught them that friendship banishes fear.
My writing gives allows children and adults to find peace in their hearts
Here is why that is one my goals:
LAO-TSE (a.k.a. Laozi, Laotze and Lao Tzu, Born 604 B.C.), the founder of Taoism, wrote this poem.
Peace In the Heart
By Lao Tzu
If there is to be peace in the world,
there must be peace in the nations.
If there is to be peace in the nations,
there must be peace in the cities.
If there is to be peace in the cities,
there must be peace between neighbors.
If there is to be peace between neighbors,
there must be peace in the home.
If there is to be peace in the home,
there must be peace in the heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment