Author Bio: George is an artist and a part-time writer. He contributes for a workout website and a website for comparing insurance quotes. When he isn't immersed in a new project on his studio/porch he is probably at the park with his German Shepherd Max.
Are you having trouble deciding what to do for your Valentine this year? Here are 10 creative Valentine's Day date ideas that may make it easier for you to choose.
1. Planned Surprise Picnic DinnerEveryone loves a surprise, and an unexpected grand gesture is sure to sweep your Valentine off of their feet. Stage a classy candlelit picnic in an intimate outdoor setting. Arrange a playlist of each others' favorite songs. Bring a single pair of headphones to share with your special someone to accentuate the ambiance. Be sure to bring a blanket to snuggle up if the weather gets chilly.
2. Fairy Tale Carriage RideEvery girl has dreamed of her prince charming whisking her away and embarking on a romantic adventure, far from her troubles. Make your Valentine's dream come true with a surprise visit, at home or even at work, arriving by horse and carriage to take her on a journey. Dress up in your most princely attire, and take her on a fairy tale carriage ride through the city. She will be smitten by your lavish pampering as you treat her to champagne and hors d'oeuvres, while traversing the city in elegant style. Be sure to make her feel like a princess and show her how chivalrous you can be. Just don't forget to add your new horse and carriage rental vehicle to your car insurance policy - just kidding!
3. Rose Pedal Scavenger Hunt SerenadeHere is how to arrange a Rose Pedal Scavenger Hunt Serenade for your Valentine.
- Place items throughout the house giving subtle hints about your objective.
- Decorate the path with rose pedals to guide her along the way.
- Set the mood with her favorite scented candles and await for her arrival.
- Open a window to reveal a lawn side quartet to assist as you serenade her to the best of your ability.
- Let her know that with her you are not afraid to be vulnerable and can just be yourself.
4. Luxury Penthouse SuiteShow your Valentine that they are the best and that they deserve the best. Go all out and splurge on a reservation for an elegant penthouse suite, and treat yourselves to a night of luxury. Indulge yourselves with champagne, strawberries, and candle light while you toast to your everlasting love.
5. Spa DateValentine's Day is all about the celebration of the love shared within a relationship. Tension and stress from life can make that celebration difficult. What better way to properly celebrate your love than to immerse yourselves in a day of pampering at the spa. Relax together in an afternoon of rejuvenation as you treat yourselves to facials, massages, manicures, and pedicures. Take that renewed energy home from the spa and see where the night takes you.
6. Rustic Mountain Cabin RetreatA change of environment can be a good way to shed the responsibilities of life and experience each other with a fresh perspective. Couples who love to spend their time outdoors may enjoy a quite stay at a rustic mountain retreat. A secluded log cabin will provide an intimate setting against nature's snowy backdrop. After a day of skiing or hiking the mountain trails, you can find peace as you retire to your cozy cottage and relax on the bear skin rug by the fireplace.
7. Cozy at HomeIf the cliche of heart shaped boxes of chocolate and candle light dinners aren't your thing, you can plan an intimate moment at home. Take the low budget approach by cooking a frozen pizza and watching each others favorite movies on the couch. Cozy up together in your favorite sweat pants and simply enjoy each others company. Take the time to enjoy just being yourselves without breaking the bank. You still can't go wrong if you end up buying a box of Godiva chocolates though!
8. Second Honeymoon or Second First DateWhether it is to revive an old spark or simply to celebrate your undying affection, retrace the steps you made so many years ago by taking a second honeymoon, or second first date. Relive the first chapter of your new life together, and remember what it is that holds you so close to your Valentine.
9. Creative Collage Craft DateWork together to create a collage of your relationship. Merge your collections of pictures, movie and concert tickets, and other small mementos into a mural of your intimate moments together. You could also build a small scrapbook and time-line so you can see how far you have come, and dream of what the future holds.
10. Hot Air Balloon RideFor the more adventurous among us, a balloon ride is the perfect way to launch your love to new heights. Take a trip through the clouds with your Valentine and declare your love in front of all creation. Fly the balloon over memorable locations where together you have shared precious moments in your relationship.
Image: nuttakit / FreeDigitalPhotos.net